The What & How of Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, in the case where you create a PicCollage log-in account, we may collect your name, email address, username, social network information and other information that you choose to provide to us. The PicCollage app may be used without logging in, in which case we do not collect the user’s personal information. We may also obtain information from other companies and combine that with information we collect on the PicCollage Service; for example, when you link your account with Facebook, we will have access to your name.
When you use the PicCollage Service, we may automatically collect some information. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. Such information includes your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We also collect information about your computer's operating system and information about your usage and activity on the Site. With your permission in the application, we may access your device’s photo library.
Storage of Information & Transfer of Data
Most of the information we collect is retained by us on our servers. If you are using the PicCollage Service from a country other than the country in which our Web servers are located (United States), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries.
- The information we collect from you includes the country you set your device to, the language you use on your device, the type and version of the operating system of your device, and your device model. If you make any in-app purchases, we will also collect the product IDs of the items you purchase.
- We collect this information from you to improve our app’s overall performance and the service we provide. We analyze this information with tools provided by third party companies. These companies include:
- If you connect PicCollage to other social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, we will collect further information from you.
- We also provide you with personalized ads to show you content that’s tailored to you. The ads are provided by the following companies:
- To provide users with an efficient way to communicate with PicCollage, we use UserVoice, a customer service platform, to receive your feedback and offer timely responses to any questions you have. Please note we will receive your IP address and email address when you try to contact us through UserVoice.
- Users can create and purchase customized phone cases in the PicCollage app through KITE, a print-on-demand software. You can head over to KITE’s website to learn more about how they process your information and orders.
- Please note PicCollage will collect your username and email address when you consent to create an account. Also, your username and the information you choose to share will be available to other social network users only when you set your account privacy to Public.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information collected through the PicCollage Service with your permission:
- to communicate with you or third parties;
- to process your requests and transactions;
- to improve the PicCollage Service;
- to customize the services and/or products we provide to you;
- to assist with our product and service development;
- to perform marketing activities;
- to provide relevant advertising; and
- for other purposes related to our business.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
Personal information (and non-personal information) collected through the PicCollage Service may be shared with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf (for example, companies that provide data management or other support services to us such as data storage and Web hosting services). We may share your personal information (and non-personal information) with third parties to serve you relevant advertising and market our products, but we won't sell your personal information.
Also, we may disclose the personal information we collect through the PicCollage Service when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to:
- comply with applicable law (e.g., in response to a valid court order or subpoena);
- prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft;
- enforce the Terms of PicCollage Service or other agreements that govern your use of the PicCollage Service and/or our services;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or others; or
- to protect your vital interests.
Modifying Your Information - Opt-Out / Opt-In
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may update or modify your information or change your privacy preferences at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, in some instances, via the PicCollage Service. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, including, but not limited to, promotional emails, by emailing us at email@example.com. Transactional service communications (such as messages about your registration) are not subject to the foregoing opt-out procedures. Requests to disable your account or reset your password should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org faster processing.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information (including preventing the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal information). However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. If you use a password on the PicCollage Service, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. Do not share it with any other person. If you believe your password has been misused or your account compromised, please advise us immediately.
A NOTE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information (if any) by PicCollage to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please email email@example.com or contact us using this address: Cardinal Blue Software, P.O. Box 390677, Mountain View, CA 94039.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.